View plans for John Street Market Square Redevelopment
Weston Road will be closed nightly for 8 hours between Oak Street and St. Phillips Road, between 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. the following morning. These closures will take place from Monday, January 6th to Friday,
A Water Meter Program staff working for Neptune, the company under contract to the City of Toronto to install the remote water meters, was advised by Toronto Police to be aware of the following happening in the Ward 11 area:
- East Indian male approximately 25-35 years
- Driving a black Honda Accord or Civic
- Car looks like it has snow tires
- He has asked people to gain entry to their homes to check plumbing or ensure the water meter has been installed correctly
- His real purpose is to steal whatever items he can carry with him
- It appears that he mostly targets elderly people
If you do not have an appointment for a water meter installation and someone fitting the above description comes to the door requesting entry, do not let him in and call the police.
Water Meter Program staff have clear project identifiers and usually install meters where an appointment has previously been booked between the homeowner and the installer.
Please share this information with your neighbours, friends and family.
(from information provided to Councillor Frances Nunziata by Toronto Water related to the remote water meter program currently being rolled out in Ward 11.)
On Tuesday, July 2nd, Bell Canada will begin excavating and reconstructing a utility hole at the intersection of John Street and South Station Street.
This work is expected to take 6 to 8 weeks.
Click for road closure details…
On Sunday, July 7th, John Street will be closed to both pedestrians and vehicles at the corridor from 7 am until 7pm.